Saturday 23 January 2016

Homemade Dog Treats for the Picky Puppy

Hey guys! So if you have a picky puppy like me, you know how frustrating it can get when you spend a ton of money on healthy, high quality treats for your dog, just to get them home and find out that they won't even touch them! This has happened to me so many times I gave up trying to find treats my dog liked. He only likes meat, meat, meat and more meat, which can get expensive fast! But having treats your dog likes is absolutely essential for training reward purposes (or to just spoil them!) So I finally attempted just making my own treats at home and they turned out so great, my dog LOVED them and they were so easy to make so I thought I'd share them with you guys today.



What you'll need:

2 jars baby food (I used chicken, beef & mixed vegetable but you can mixed other flavours such as liver as well)

3/4 c corn meal

3/4 c whole oats

2-3 strips crispy bacon



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350
Mix together baby food, corn meal and oats
Crumble the crispy bacon as small as possible, mix in
Form into small, biscuit sized balls, gently press to flatten slightly
Bake 10-15 mins, or until centre is no longer soft



As you can see, all the ingredients are human grade, can easily be found at any grocery store and I know that there is definitely an added bonus to knowing exactly what is in the treats that you're giving your dog. Give them a try and let me know what you guys think!


No comments:

Post a Comment