Wednesday 20 January 2016

Carli Bybel Palette & BH Cosmetics Review

Hey babies! I decided to write this post because before purchasing anything from BH Cosmetics, I looked for something like this, more of a full review rather than just short comments on the website itself and I really couldn’t find anything. So I thought I’d share with you my experience so far.

As a pretty serious Carli Bybel fan, I was obviously overjoyed to hear that she finally had her own product coming out. I mean am I the only one that thinks she should have had her own entire line years ago?! The girl clearly knows her stuff. Anywho, because of it’s popularity her Eyeshadow & Highlighter palette sold out soo fast and I wasn’t able to get my hands on it at the time of its initial release. So while I was patiently waiting for it to be re-stocked I was able to peruse the rest of the BH Cosmetics website (which I actually hadn’t even heard of before Carli’s palette). And to be honest, my initial reaction was “this seems too good to be true…” High-end style products at drug store prices (if not cheaper)! I definitely thought there had to be some catch, I mean come on, that’s like the makeup Holy Grail! And if it hadn’t been for the Carli Bybel palette I probably wouldn’t have ended up buying anything at all but I trusted that she wouldn’t produce anything that wasn’t of  at least decent quality or that she wouldn’t use herself.

Now I didn’t go too crazy, but here is what I ended up purchasing:

-14 pc Party Girl Brush Set (with case)
-Blooming Radiance Mineral Foundation
-Waterproof Lip Liner
-Carli Bybel 14 color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette

And all this totaled to not even $50.00 (CAD). I was so pleased with the prices and I couldn’t wait for my package to arrive so I could finally try out the palette that had been the talk of the (beauty) town!

But I have to sadly admit that I ultimately had mixed feelings about the products I got.

The lip liner was amazing; it went on super smooth and stayed for hours, through an entire meal (and several bottles of wine!). And at only $4.00 you really can’t have many complaints.

I was also very happy with the brush set, probably my favorite purchase out of the group. To me, it is an unbelievable value and the quality is on par with any brushes I’ve purchased from say Mac or Sephora. I haven’t experienced any fallout from the bristles yet but then again I haven’t had them quite long enough to be able to comment on their overall longevity.

The foundation was one of the products that I found yielded mixed results. I was quite impressed with the coverage, I find I can get almost the same coverage with this powder alone as I can with other liquid foundations. But one of the things I found really strange about it was that after a few hours of wear it made my skin very shiny, even with the use of an anti-shine setting spray. That is something I’ve never had happen with any powder foundation I’ve ever used, if anything I would normally have the opposite problem. But because of this I don’t think I would re-purchase this product. I would sooner try the Studio Pro Tinted HD Powder by BH instead.

And last but not least, the Carli Bybel 14 Color Eyeshadow and Highlighter Palette. I anticipated a really high quality product, even with the low price tag because I trust Carli’s expertise, but again I found myself having mixed feelings.



The colors are all beautiful neutrals that complement each other well, mostly shimmers with a mix of a few matte shades. One obvious sign of a high quality product is the level of pigmentation, and I have to say every single one of these shades is hands-down the most pigmented eyeshadow and/or highlighter I’ve ever used. So much so that the first couple times I used it, especially the darkest bronze shade, I was applying way too much and it actually just made my face look dirty…contour game not on fleek. I had to really carefully adjust the amount I was using in order to apply it properly. One quick swipe of your brush over the pot is more than enough to apply to half your face.

So there are a couple pros and cons to this palette. I have to apply it differently than any other product I use because of the intense pigmentation. But the upside of this is that it will honestly last you forever because you need such a small amount to get the job done! And at $12.50 for a 14-color palette any other product I’ve come across really can’t rival its value.

Bottom Line:


Even though I have mixed reviews I would recommend BH Cosmetics BECAUSE even if you aren’t 100% satisfied with a product, you haven’t paid an arm and a leg (like with most high end products) to get something that you’re disappointed with. Overall though, I would recommend their accessories (brushes, organizers, etc.) over their actual makeup products.


I hope you guys find this helpful!
You can find all of the products I mentioned on their website

xox oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment